Sunday, September 29, 2013

adventuring.

It seems to be easy to get overwhelmed by the everyday stress of school, work, exercising, and focusing on eating well.. I know this has been the case for me here lately. Sometimes,  a day of fun with a great friend is exactly what you need. Saturday was exactly that for me!

Admittedly it was not at all a "good day" for me as far as watching calorie and fat intake - but who cares? I have made great progress so far, and everyone needs a break sometimes. Saturday was a day for fun, not feeling bad about the extra calories I was eating. And while I did not go for a run or hit the gym, the day did involve a lot walking in the Nulu district downtown.

Mine and Jessica's day started with some antiquing and brunch in the Nulu district of Louisville. We ate at Toast on Market. This was such a cute place with some of the best customer service I've ever had - not to mention their heavenly coffee. The atmosphere was adorable.. I can't wait to make a return visit.  After brunch, we were surprised to find the Nulu Festival going on just down the block. We Spent the next couple of hours walking around and browsing the booths of local vendors.



Next we ventured to Mellwood Art Center for a Therapeutic Painting class. It was so much fun to express myself in a new way. Big thanks to Jessica for such a great Birthday present!


Overall, the day was a great way to unwind after a particularly challenging week - and there's no way that does not promote healthiness. Saturday was filled with good company, adventure, and a lot of laughter. Doris Lessing says it best - 
"Laughter is by definition healthy." 

As always, thanks for stopping by!

- Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment