Saturday, September 21, 2013

welcoming fall.

Hello, again! Tomorrow is the first day of fall! This is particularly exciting for me because fall is my favorite season. I can't wait to break out my scarves, boots, and  pumpkin everything. Tonight I am getting together with a group of friends to celebrate the beginning of such a great season. It's a good excuse to hang out with some good company, don't ya think? 

Our hosts are generous enough to be providing us with white chili for dinner tonight - a perfect fall dish. The rest of us were asked to bring a side or dessert. I personally believe it isn't smart to try to completely skip out on eating what everyone else is at events just to "be healthy." It's all about moderation. 

Desserts are a weak spot for me.. To make sure I didn't go completely overboard  on the delicious, sugary treats that will no doubt be there, I decided to make a dessert of my own that was a little less fattening. In honor of tonight's theme, I am making Skinny Pumpkin Fluff Dip. It was my first time making this, but it did not disappoint. 

I used a recipe I found on Pinterest and adapted it to be the "skinny" version. The original recipe came from allrecipes.com


            1. 16 oz fat free whipped topping
            2. 1 box cheesecake pudding mix
            3. 15 oz can pure pumpkin
            4. 1 tsp pumpkin spice



Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl!



The finished product is pretty good - not gonna lie. I am serving mine with reduced fat graham crackers and apples I picked up at the farmers market today. 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Fall!

-Melody

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Gonna have to try this! Steven was raving about it at Grandma's! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I made it at a work function today and it was a hit there too - and the best part is how easy it is!

      Delete