Tuesday, September 24, 2013

out of the office.

Hello! Today I totally felt the pull to get outside, but that isn't always as easy as it sounds. While juggling 15 credit hours and 25+ hours a week at my internship, getting outside during the week sometimes is restricted to the time I spend walking to and from my car. 


I work in a central part of the city downtown. This means I have many tempting restaurant choices for lunch all within a short walk. There is even a food court full of all the fast food I love to hate in the same building I work in. Days like today, when the weather is so great and the office seems so dreary,the pull I feel to go out to lunch is even stronger. 



Don't worry, there is a solution. This desire to eat out is caused in majority by my desire to get outside. Today, to get the best of both worlds, I took my packed lunch outside. 



Obviously, this was much healthier than the various options I had to eat out. Even when eating somewhere like Subway, it is better to have complete control of the foods you are eating than to assume what is in the things being served to you. That being said, I'm not saying you should never eat out - I sure do.. However, do so sparingly. Don't just waste it on a day you're tired of being at work. 

Hope you are having a good start to your week!

-Melody


No comments:

Post a Comment