Thursday, September 19, 2013

enjoying the sun.


Hello! Today marks the end of my school week - hooray! Thursdays are my "short" days and I actually get out of class while the sun is still out.. what a treat! That mixed with the awesome weather we are having made it impossible not to get outside today. I decided to jog in a different part of the city than I normally do. This  made for a nice change of scenery, which in turn made my jog a little more interesting. 


I also found a new app that I thought was awesome! I normally hate jogging new routes because I am horrible at judging how far I actually jogged.  RunKeeper for the iPhone not only used GPS to track my distance, but also kept a log of my speed. I absolutely loved this app! I was able to play music directly from my music library through the app and simply touch the screen to hear an updated distance and time at any point during my workout. It then stored my finished exercise within the app so I could track my progress. What more could I ask for? Did I mention it was free? Can't get much better than that!


As you can see, I am not the most athletic person. The fact that it took me 15 minutes to jog/walk a mile is not something to be proud of exactly, but it's a start - and that's all that matters! Fifteen minutes may not seem like much of a workout, but with such a small amount of free time I have to take what I can get. Fifteen minutes is better than nothing after all. 

Thanks for stopping by!

-Melody

1 comment:

  1. A mile is A MILE! Good job! Thanks for the app info - I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete